Thursday 27 April 2017

BREAKING: Kitui senator dumps Wiper, resigns as chairman, blames Kalonzo


[Wiper Democratic Movement - Kenya leader Kalonzo Musyoka alongside Kitui senator and gubernatorial hopeful David Musila. Photo/standard.co.ke]
Kitui senator David Musila has ditched the Wiper Democratic Movement - Kenya.
This is after the lawmaker who also doubles up as the party's chairman, lost his bid to clinch Wiper ticket, to vie for the county's gubernatorial post.
Musila who has been a strong supporter of the party and its leader Kalonzo Musyoka, accused Kalonzo of sabotaging his governorship bid.
He said Kalonzo interfered with Wiper primaries in Kitui, which saw incumbent governor Julius Malombe announced the winner of the ticket, with 88,382 votes, against Musila's 74,308 votes, April
 26 
."He should give me a reason why I should not be the governor of Kitui. I won the primaries, but my victoruy was taken away. The party has been interfered with, and I want to wish them well,'' Musila told the press, Thursday morning.
Addressing the press at parliament buildings, he noted: "I want to assure the people of Kitui that I will be on the ballot in August.''

No comments:

Post a Comment