Sunday 7 May 2017

WOOOW!!! Mother vs Son To Fight For MP Seat On August 8


Former Home Affairs assistant minister Beatrice Kones will on August
 8 
face off with her son, Kelvin Kipngetich, in the Bomet East MP contest.
Mrs Kones, a widow of former Cabinet Minister Kipkalya Kones, will be vying on a Jubilee ticket, while her first born son will be vying on a Chama Cha Mashinani (CCM) ticket.
Mrs Kones has revealed that her family could disintergrate because of the tension surrounding the upcoming contest.
She has accused CCM leader, Bomet Governor Isaac Ruto, of sponsoring her son to vie against her.
She claimed Ruto was using her son to fight her politically.
“Ruto wants to see my family disintegrate so that he does not face any challenge in his bid to rule the Kipsigis politics,” she said, adding that the Nasa co-principal was undermining her.
“I have no doubt in my mind that Ruto is using my son to fight me politically as part of a wider scheme to make sure there is no one politically active in my family because he wants to take over as a Kipsigis spokesman,” she said, as quoted by The Starndard.
She claimed that Ruto was up against her bid because she declined to join his party.
“Ruto expected me to vie on CCM so that his party looks strong because of my political strength, but after I abandoned his camp he started working sleeplessly to bring me down,” she claimed.
The outspoken governor has however dismissed Mrs Kones’ claims as baseless.
“I have no issue with Mrs Kones at all. But politics is about policies and numbers and CCM does not engage in name calling, character assassination or side shows as our campaign is issue-based,” Ruto said.

No comments:

Post a Comment